Saturday, September 21, 2013

I am totally broken hearted.  We had to take Bennie back to Pets without Parents.  Thankfully, it is a no kill shelter, but still.   If I could get my hands on the person or persons that raised him as a puppy, I would go to prison for murder.  I'm serious!  Someone had mistreated him so badly that he suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  He had nightmares.  If you approached him when he was on the furniture, he would immediately go into attack mode, and you could tell that it was defensive, not aggressive!  He was sure that you were going to beat him!  This dog wanted love so badly!   We gave it to him and for a while, with medication, I thought that we had won.  Unfortunately, we had two episodes that were aggressive and made it so that I was never trusting of him after that.  I just could not take the chance that he would bite a child or even an adult for that matter!   I understand that terriers are really hard to train, but there is never an excuse to beat them!  He even had a broken rib where someone had probably kicked him.  He only weighed 25 lbs!  How could you beat a 25 pound animal?  Especially one that was as loving as you could tell he had been.  Almost all of his teeth were worn down to the gums, because he had been kept in a cage for so long that he tried to chew his way out.
     I will never forget him.  I pray that some day, he will find an old couple who doesn't have any other pets, who has a fenced in yard and who has the time to give him all the love and attention that he craves so badly.  If there was ever a dog that deserves a good loving home, its Bennie.
    I love you Bennie and I'm so sorry.

No comments: